I didn’t find this myself, but I’m glad my good friend Arnold turned me onto it. Arcade Fire has partnered with Google to do something pretty amazing here. There’s really not much to say about it other than you should see if for yourself. It definitely opens up the mind to think about the possibilities a technology like this might have in any industry.I know my head was spinning.
Here are some instructions to make your experience a little better that I learned after the first time:
- You have to use the Google Chrome browser; don’t try another browser first just to see if it works.
- Expand the window to full screen.
- Enter your address as it states; it’s simply plugging into Google maps so if you really don’t feel comfortable, use your work address or something.
- Make sure you turn your speakers on, it is a song after all.
- Once the video starts, it’s going to be tempting to close and resize windows that will pop up. GLUE YOUR HANDS TO THE TABLE AND DON’T TOUCH ANYTHING. Those “random” pop-ups are all part of the experience. Now, if the pop-ups have a lap band or something flashing on them then that’s different.
Hopefully that helps and makes the experience that much more enjoyable for you. As always, thanks for reading.